Exploring education, schools, teaching, and learning.
- Three top things that improve teaching kids:
- Individual attention.
- Finding and using the students personal learning style.
- Parental involvement.
- 'The Zeigarnik effect states that people remember uncompleted or interrupted tasks better than completed ones. Russian psychologist Bluma Zeigarnik first studied the phenomenon after noticing that waiters seemed to remember orders only so long as the order was in the process of being served. Some suggest that students who wish to remember material better should leave learning unfinished when taking breaks, according to the effect. It is also suggested that the effect is behind the cliffhanger plot device.' -Zeigarnik effect [W]. See more at List of cognitive biases [W]
Links that lead to off-site pages education, schools, teaching, and learning.
- Cook County
- Chicago (District #299 in Illinois)
- Chicago Public Schools (CPS) [cps.k12.il.us].
- CPS Office of Academic Enhancement [cpsoae.org]. Magnet and selective enrollment schools. As of 2010, there are 9 Selective Enrollment High Schools:
- Brooks College Prep
- Jones College Prep
- King College Prep
- Lane Tech [lanetech.org]. I'm a 1986 alumnus and a lifetime member of LaneAlumni.com
- Lindblom Math and Science
- Northside College Prep
- Payton College Prep
- Westinghouse College Prep
- Whitney Young Magnet
- Chicago Teaching Fellows [chicagoteachingfellows.org]. 'The Chicago Teaching Fellows provides a pathway for outstanding individuals to become teachers in Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and to significantly impact the academic achievement of our city's children. We look to you, successful professionals and recent college graduates, to bring your knowledge, experience, and records of achievement to the classrooms where your leadership is needed most.'
- GoldenApple.org. A Chicago based not-for-profit organization that promotes excellence in grade school education through teachers.
- GrowParents.com/cps/. The CPS uses GrowParents to distribute the results of standardized test but it is also a resource for child education.
- School Report Cards
Page Modified: (Hand noted: 2007-11-01 04:33:46Z) (Auto noted: 2012-12-29 02:31:45Z)