This directory has pages on a miscellany of things that don't have their own directories.
Below are a few miscellaneous nuggeets that are less than a page.
- One of the key things to understand about Law is that no one is entitled to justice; the only thing people are entitled to is due process. Other general concepts are law, justice, power, equality, property, and liberty.
- To prevent curled corners on little rugs, use corners from a tile of self-sticking flooring and attach them to the bottom of the rug's corners.
- Six basic emotions: anger, joy/happiness, sadness, disgust, fear, and surprise. Some list contempt as the 7th. One of the best explorations I've seen into facial expression was Making Comics (2006) by Scott McCloud. He in turn recommends The Artists's Complete Guide to Facial Expression (1990) by Gary Fagin, The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals (1872) by Charles Darwin, and Emotions Revealed (2003) by Paul Ekman.
- The "refractory period" is the time between the onset of an emotion and the awareness of the emotion. The shorter the refractory period, then the greater the probability that one can successfully gauge if the emotional response was appropriate. The refractory period can be shortened by being aware of what triggers emotional responses.
- Recipe for skunk spray/odor neutralizer: 1 qt 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. 1/4 c Baking Soda. 1 t Liquid Soap. Apply then rinse off.
- symbols.com. "contains more than 1,600 articles about 2,500 Western signs, arranged into 54 groups according to their graphic characteristics"
Page Modified: (Hand noted: 2008-08-20 22:26:33Z) (Auto noted: 2011-01-06 03:15:31Z)